Phoenix FD for Maya
(Please read the Phoenix FD licensing notes)
Product OverviewPhoenix FD™ for Autodesk® Maya® empowers VFX artists to simulate fire, smoke, explosions, liquids, foam and splashes, while offering exceptional flexibility and speed. It is a hybrid simulation system including grids and particles, enabling you to get the best of both worlds. Fully integrated with V-Ray, it harnesses the power of Chaos Group’s rendering engine including proper GI from the generated fluid. V-Ray RT supports all Phoenix FD fluids, including liquids with proper refraction. Phoenix FD for Maya is optimized for huge amounts of particles allowing VFX artists to work on complex simulations.
Why Choose Phoenix FD for MayaPhoenix FD for Maya is a great addition to the toolset of VFX artists who use V-Ray in Maya. Check out some key features that will improve and streamline your VFX workflow:
- •  A hybrid simulation system including grids and particles
- •  Automatic foam and splashes generation with optimized shaders for faster rendering and easier setup
- •  Optimization for huge amount of particles including a fog shader
- •  GPU preview that resembles almost rendering quality and allows you to setup your fluid in the viewport with multiple lights even before rendering
- •  Support for all fluids by V-Ray RT, including liquids with proper refraction, for quick and efficient material setup
- •  3D procedural textures allow you to extract channels data from the simulation that can be used in various ways (blending colors of the fluid, changing the IOR for haze effects, etc.)
- •  Full integration with V-Ray, including proper GI from the generated fluid
- •  Option to generate haze effects for distorting objects behind the fluid grid
- •  Scripting through Maxscript in 3ds Max and Pyton in Maya for full control over your simulations
Phoenix FD for Maya - General Overview
In this video, we discuss key features of Phoenix FD for Maya such as basic fire simulation, burning fuel and rendering flames, simulating liquids, foam & splashes, and shading foam & splashes.
Pricing PolicyThe official suggested end user price of a single new license of Phoenix FD is: 960 USD/ 700 EUR/ 600 GBP.
Note: Prices do not include dongle/VAT/shipping.
Important Licensing Information• Phoenix FD for Maya requires a single Phoenix FD for Maya license per simulation node.
• When creating simulations in Phoenix FD for Maya, you need to have a V-Ray 2.0 for Maya license. The V-Ray license is used during the simulation.
• Currently, Phoenix FD for Maya requires V-Ray for Maya (2.1 or higher). All users who have purchased V-Ray 2.0 can download a free update to versions 2.1, 2.2, and 2.3 at our website. For more information, V-Ray 2.0 users can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• We are considering developing a connection for Mental Ray for Maya support, however at this point there is no support for that rendering platform.
• Phoenix FD for Maya is licensed with a hardware key (dongle).
Supported V-Ray Versions• V-Ray for Maya version 2.1 or higher
Supported Operating Systems (64-bit only)• Microsoft Windows XP Professional (SP2 or higher)
• Microsoft Windows Vista Business (SP1 or higher)
• Microsoft Windows 7
• Microsoft Windows 8
• Fedora 8 or later distributions
• Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.3 WS
Supported Maya Platforms (64-bit only)• Autodesk Maya 2013 (64-bit)
• Autodesk Maya 2012 (64-bit)
• Autodesk Maya 2011 (64-bit)
• Autodesk Maya 2010 (64-bit)
Hardware Requirements• Minimum 2GHz CPU
• Minimum 2GB RAM
Documentation and Help Topics
Technical documentation and help topics are available at our support page.
Autodesk® Maya® is a registered trademark of Autodesk, Inc. V-Ray® is a registered trademark of Chaos Software Ltd.
Copyright © 2015 Chaos Software