V-Ray for 3ds Max
Check out the details on this update here.
Product OverviewV-Ray for 3ds Max is the core development of Chaos Group, which allows users to quickly and easily create realistic images while giving them full control over the 3D production process.
V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max is the most complete lighting, shading and rendering toolkit on the market, making speed and simplicity accessible to all artists. The latest version delivers powerful feature set, technical advances and support for open source technologies.
What's New in V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max Service Pack 1?
• V-Ray RT GPU now supports hair and fur, subsurface scattering and light cache
• New Microfacet GTR / GGX BRDF, perfect for hard surfaces like metal
• New VRayInstancer geometric plugin for instancing objects using ParticleFlow systems
• Added support for OpenSubdiv objects in Alembic files
• A number of V-Ray Frame Buffer improvements
• Updated to Embree 2.3; Embree can now accelerate V-Ray Proxy objects, instances and Hair Farm / Ornatrix hair and fur
Learn more at www.v-ray.com/features
V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max Key FeaturesSimplified User Interface - V-Ray 3.0 introduces a simplified User Interface and includes 3 modes: Basic, Advanced, and Expert. Modes can be toggled at any time to reveal additional controls. The default, Basic mode is designed to meet the needs of most artists’ daily production work.
New Skin Shader - A dedicated, intuitive Skin shader with layered specular highlights will make it easier than ever for artists to create complex, layered skin.
Probabilistic Lights – Increases the speed of scenes with a high number of lights. Probabilistic Light Sampling reduces the number of lights evaluated at render time.
Progressive Rendering - The new Progressive Production Renderer is built
on the same path tracing technology as V-Ray RT and it is a simple, intuitive
solution for any scene. The Progressive Renderer is compatible with all V-Ray
production features, including Irradiance, Light Cache, SSS, Render Elements,
Faster Ray Tracing - V-Ray 3.0 introduces a significantly optimized ray
tracing core to speed up calculations for Brute Force GI, Progressive Path
Tracing, Reflections, Refractions, and more. Depending on scene complexity,
users are reporting speed increases up to 5X.
Advanced V-Ray Frame Buffer - Consistent color output is essential to artists’ workflows. V-Ray 3.0 has been expanded to utilize a variety of color definitions including LUTs (.cube), ICC Profiles (.icc), and OpenColorIO (.ocio). By default V-Ray 3.0 is set up for linear workflow, making it easier to ensure reliable, accurate colors.
VRmats - VRmats (formerly Vismats) are universal V-Ray Shaders for use
across multiple applications. For example a VRmat material may be created in
V-Ray for 3ds Max and transferred directly to V-Ray for Maya.
Be sure to check out www.v-ray.com for a full list of V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max features and improvements, videos and tutorials.
Pricing & Upgrades
V-Ray 3.0 Licensing & Pricing
V-Ray 3.0 Upgrade Pricing
To provide optimum security, reliability, and portability Chaos Group requires a hardware key to license its software. This hardware security key safely protects the V-Ray License from computer malfunctions, routine hardware maintenance, and equipment changes; and it provides users the ability to use V-Ray on multiple machines.
It is important to note that the hardware key is not a node-locked device. The V-Ray License Server is a floating license system, allowing multiple users to check out a license up to the maximum concurrent number of licenses available.
The official suggested end user price of a single new V-Ray 3.0 Workstation for 3ds Max is 750 EUR/ 1040 USD/ 650 GBP
The official suggested end user price for Upgrade from V-Ray 2.0 to V-Ray 3.0 Workstation for 3ds Max is 300 EUR/ 420 USD/ 260 GBP
We’ve also created a License Calculator and an Upgrade Calculator to help.
Note: Prices do not include dongle/VAT/shipping
Click here for Chaos Group Academic Pricing
- • A computer with 64-bit Autodesk® 3ds Max® or 3ds Max Design ® versions 2011 or later;
- • Microsoft Windows 8 Pro х64, Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64, Microsoft Windows Vista Business x64 (SP2 or higher), Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 (SP3 or higher);
- • Intel® Pentium® 4 (64bit) or equivalent AMD® 64 processor with SSE2 technology or newer;
- • 4 GB RAM (8 GB or higher recommended).
- • 64-bit Autodesk® 3ds Max® or 3ds Max Design ® versions 2011 or later
Copyright © 2015 Chaos Software