SOME TOP STUDIOS USING
V-Ray for Maya:
Product Brochures V-Ray Brochure 2013
V-Ray for Maya Product Brochure
Brochure for Automotive and Product Industry
Brochure for Film and Visual Effects Industry
Brochure for Architectural Design Industry
V-Ray for Maya
V-Ray 3.0 Licensing & Pricing Policy
V-Ray 3.0 Upgrade Policy
V-Ray 2.4 for Maya Product Overview
V-Ray for Maya is one of the latest developments by Chaos Group. Developed to meet the needs of the most
demanding VFX & Film studios around the world, the rendering engine delivers uncompromised stability,
interactivity, ease of use and unprecedented speed.
Now, V-Ray for Maya enables the rendering of even larger scenes with greater complexity and artists can rely on a faster rendering process.
The comprehensive list of features provided by V-Ray for Maya includes CarPaint Material, V-Ray Light Select Render Element, PText texture, true 3D Motion Blur, Sun & Sky procedural lighting system, Physical camera for matching live footage, and many others.
V-Ray for Maya became a renderer of choice of numerous renowned studios such as Method Studio, Zoic Studio, Lux VFX, The LAB NYC and many others. For less than two years since its official release V-Ray has been used as a major rendering tool in the latest award winning films and productions.
V-Ray for Maya Key FeaturesGeneral Overview
V-Ray RT GPU Enhancements - incorporate VRayProxy objects, texture-mapped area and mesh lights, Simple Skylight portals, and the VRayBlendMtl into an ultra-fast V-RayRT GPU workflow.
VRayHairMtl - a new shader allowing users to render hair and fur with unprecedented quality, control, and speed.
Interactive Rendering on CPU & GPU - V-Ray RT is a fully functional interactive rendering engine matching the production renderer results. With GPU acceleration, you can rely on a significantly faster interactive rendering process.
Pricing & Upgrade Policy
Chaos Group products are licensed per machine and with one V-Ray for Maya license you can start and use V-Ray GUI and tools inside Maya platform, start one local render job, speed up rendering with up to 10 render slaves for Distributed rendering using V-Ray Standalone, speed up rendering with up to 10 render nodes using Maya batch.
The official suggested end user price of a single new license of V-Ray 2.0 for Maya is 970 EUR/ 1350 USD/ 840 GBP
The official suggested end user price for Upgrade from V-Ray 1.5 to V-Ray 2.0 for Maya is
200 EUR/ 280 USD/ 170 GBP
Note: Prices do not include dongle/VAT/shipping.
- • A SSE2- capable processor (Intel Pentium IV or later);
- • 2 GB RAM minimum;
- • A supported operating system:
- • Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional (SP2 or higher), 32-bit or 64-bit versions;
- • Microsoft® Windows Vista® Business (SP1 or higher), 32-bit or 64-bit versions;
- • Microsoft® Windows 7® 32-bit or 64-bit;
- • Microsoft® Windows 8® 32-bit or 64-bit;
- • Fedora™ or compatible distributions;
- • Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 5.3 WS (64-bit);
- • Apple® Mac OS® X 10.6.5 or higher for CPU rendering (V-Ray 2.0 for Maya);
- • Maya 2015 (32- or 64-bit);
- • Maya 2014 (32- or 64-bit);
- • Maya 2013 (32- or 64-bit);
- • Maya 2012 (32- or 64-bit);
- • Maya 2011 (32- or 64-bit);
- • Maya 2010 (32- or 64-bit);
- • Maya 2009 (32- or 64-bit);
- • Maya 2008 (32- or 64-bit);
Note: MAC versions of V-Ray 2.0 for Maya 2008, 2009 and 2010 do not support GPU rendering
Copyright ©2014, Chaos Software