V-Ray for Maya
Built to meet the creative demands of CG artists and modern production pipelines, V-Ray 3.0 for Maya is a full suite of physically-based lighting, shading and rendering tools tightly integrated into Autodesk Maya.
V-Ray 3.0 for Maya focuses on artist productivity and delivers a powerful new set of features and improvements to speed up lighting, look development and rendering workflows.
What's new in V-Ray 3.3 for Maya?
Render most scenes up to 20-50% faster with V-Ray 3.3 for Maya.
• New image sampler - new Variance-based Adaptive Sampler [VBAS] with better noise detection for cleaner, higher quality images.
• Automatic sampling of lights & materials - by default, the new Variance-based Adaptive Sampler evaluates lights and materials automatically. Now, setup is quicker and easier with fewer settings to adjust.
• GPU production rendering - V-Ray RT GPU is now available as a final frame production renderer.
• V-Ray scene file node
• V-Ray Clipper w/ render-time booleans
• Hosek sky & Aerial perspective
• Ray traced rounded corners
• Triplanar mapping
• Stochastic flakes
• V-Ray falloff texture
Important updates to V-Ray 3.3 for Maya
• Faster volume rendering
• Improved GPU rendering
• Improved global illumination
• Look development
• OpenSubdiv 3.0
• XGen improvements
• Refined and simplified UI
Learn more at www.v-ray.com
V-Ray 3.0 for Maya Key Features
Faster Ray Tracing and Rendering Performance - V-Ray 3.0 includes a number of overall speedups, and the new optimized ray tracing core performs significantly faster.
More Powerful V-Ray RT -
New in V-Ray 3.0, V-Ray RT renders directly in the Maya viewport and supports final frame rendering and animated sequences.
• V-Ray RT CPU uses the new Progressive Image Sampler and supports a full range of production features.
• V-Ray RT GPU now supports Render Elements.
Color Accurate Workflows -
An improved V-Ray Frame Buffer adds Lens Effects and advanced color corrections for White Balance, Contrast, Hue, Saturation and Color Balance. The VFB is now dockable and supports LUTs, ICC, and OpenColorIO color management profiles.
Volume Rendering - V-Ray 3.0 includes optimized Phoenix FD volume shaders to render all types of volumetric effects including fluids, fire, smoke and heat haze. OpenVDB grids and Field3D voxel data can be imported and rendered as surfaces or volumes using the new VRayVolumeGrid node.
Production-Focused Tools - V-Ray 3.0 is designed to give artists more control and flexibility. New time-saving tools include Max Ray Intensity to clamp secondary rays, Probabilistic Light Sampling which determines optimized sampling based on lighting contributions, and Render Mask to specify exact render regions using an object selection or image mask.
Pipeline Compatibility and Support for Open Standards
• Alembic 1.5 for data interchange
• GLSL for OpenGL shaders
• OpenColorIO for accurate color management
• OpenEXR 2.2 and Deep Images
• OpenSubdiv including support for creases
• OpenVDB and Field3D for volumes
• OSL for programmable shaders
• Ptex for UV-less workflows
• UDIM and UVTILE for advanced texture workflows
Be sure to check out www.v-ray.com for a full list of V-Ray 3.0 for Maya features and improvements, videos and tutorials.
Pricing & Upgrades
V-Ray 3.0 Licensing & Pricing
V-Ray 3.0 Upgrade Pricing
To provide optimum security, reliability, and portability Chaos Group requires a hardware key to license its software. This hardware security key safely protects the V-Ray License from computer malfunctions, routine hardware maintenance, and equipment changes; and it provides users the ability to use V-Ray on multiple machines.
It is important to note that the hardware key is not a node-locked device. The V-Ray License Server is a floating license system, allowing multiple users to check out a license up to the maximum concurrent number of licenses available.
The official suggested end user price of a single new V-Ray 3.0 for Maya Workstation is 750 EUR/ 1040 USD/ 650 GBP
The official suggested end user price for Upgrade from V-Ray 2.0 to V-Ray 3.0 for Maya Workstation is 300 EUR/ 420 USD/ 260 GBP
We’ve also created a License Calculator and an Upgrade Calculator to help.
Note: Prices do not include dongle/VAT/shipping.
Click here for Chaos Group Academic Pricing
Еducational customers that are licensed under the new Academic Licensing policy (1-year term license), are eligible for a free upgrade to V-Ray 3.0 for Maya.
Information on System Requirements can be viewed here.
- • 64-bit Autodesk® Maya® versions 2012 or later;
Copies of V-Ray for Maya purchased between February 20, 2014 and October 21, 2014 qualify for a free upgrade.
This upgrade includes one V-Ray 3.0 Workstation license and two Universal Render Node licenses.
Copyright © 2016 Chaos Software