Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a question for the people who uses the srgb displaybutton in v-rays frame buffer. If you wish to measure a color in the frame buffer you get the value from the gamma 1.0 render. Our config goes like this: in vray color mapping we set gamma to 2,2 in the diffuse color we put a colorcorrection with gamma set to 0,4545 and in the mapslot we put a vraycolor. When we render we get the exact color that we input in the render. That way we can measure the the color in the frame buffer. But we want to be able to do composting (pass) on the final render but that doesn't work on gamma 2.2. Is there a way for this or do we have to us Vlados alt.3?

Comment

• hi ther .. well i use gamma correction in max with 2.2 input and 1 output and then 16bit exr files with all available passes.. compositing in fusion (rgb beauty or i build it from scratch with rawlightning,rawglobal,diff,spec,and the reflection and refraction passes) and all the multimatte passes for tweaking every element (ID per important material)..this gives me most freedom in tweaking and photoshop with some plugs after that for color grading (since photoshop totally sucks with exr data)..well and if a customer wants a special ral or whatever color for a wall i tweak it exactly in fusion it never gets the exact color in my pure rendering, especially with sunlight etc.

daniel
      Daniel Krassnig / http://www.vistral-3d-visualisierung.de/ / Architektur Visualisierungen

Comment

Working...
      X