Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need real Light Listener for VRay!

Hi,

VRay is a great engine so, the lights are the biggest tool for a renderer. 3ds max listener not support VRayLight features and for now there is only an old script that not work with all features for VRayLight (VRaySyn, IES etc...) and Lele script is not a complete script.

In my opinion VRay need a real tool for manage light. I usually create e light for daylight, morning, night etc... so for my is usefull a tool for create a group of light, link a camera state, on-off light very fast.

If i have a 50 light, now, i must go in Prespective view, click on the light and turn off, or use a lele script or old listener script. But it's a temporary solution for mine work.

I know that is not a tool that improves the VRay quality, not like a VrayPhysical camera or VRay2Side Mtl, but for us, for real user is a must to have (IMO)

bye

cecofuli
    Last edited by cecofuli; 25-05-2008, 02:21 PM.
    www.francescolegrenzi.com

VRay - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book
    Corona - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book

--- FACEBOOK ---

+1 for this wish.

Comment

You can use this while we waiting...

http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/vray-light-lister-0
      www.wireguruji.dk

Comment

That is the one I was using up to now, but it has not been updated to support the new VRayIES lights or Max 2009

Comment

It seems to take away standard Photometric lights from the light lister when I use the script spot version. anyone at ChaosGroup working on this? Using max 2009 design with Vray 1.5sp2

Comment

also would like this very much !
            Win10.Ryzen1950X. 80GbRam. RTX3080.RTX2070.Sketchup 22.0.354.VRaySketchUp.6001. - NvidiaStudioDriver 527.37

Comment

I wrote that script, and I don't have Max 2009 installed yet (only recently using 1.5sp2). I'll get it updated when I can.

The problem with doing a light lister is that there is no unified way for developers to add their new light types. Everyone needs to rewrite the lightlister script for their own new light types, which of course runs the risk of overriding what other render engines have done.

I'm hoping to get back into this within the next couple weeks and see what I can come up with.

Comment

Oh, and as for managing groups of lights for different scene settings and camera settings, I recommend looking into the "Scene States" functionality already built into Max, as it is designed for doing exactly that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynedain View Post
                  I wrote that script, and I don't have Max 2009 installed yet (only recently using 1.5sp2). I'll get it updated when I can.

I'm hoping to get back into this within the next couple weeks and see what I can come up with.
                  Dynedain I for one would be hugely appreciative if you updated your light lister for 2009, as I'm sure many others would be.

Comment

yeah I was just thinking this was missing in 2009!
                    Chris Jackson
                    Shiftmedia
                    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Dynedain-
                      Your "old" modified light lister works fine in 2009.
                      Just the new VRayIES lights dont appear
                      Chris Jackson
                      Shiftmedia
                      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Originally posted by jacksc02 View Post
                        Your "old" modified light lister works fine in 2009.
                        Interesting ... it is not working for me , I get this error:
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi

XP 64bit + 3ds max 2009 64bit works fine.
                          But, as Dynedain show, edit the Macro_LightList.mcr is not the best solution. As in original thread, VRay need some proprietary listener, that support, obviously, all Standard 3ds max Light.

Bye

cecofuli
                          www.francescolegrenzi.com

VRay - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book
                          Corona - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

Working...
                          X