Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rendering large exterior animation

Hello all,

wondering what would be the rocommended settigns for rendering large flathrough over the developement with loads of trees?

do you reckon classical LC and IRRAD precalc and AA at 1/16 0.008noise would do?

how so i estimate there is enough LC subdivs for computation of the whole scene whole precalculationg light cache?

Would you recommend precalculation IR with camera path checked to avoid having to choose multiframe incremental?

there r no moving objects in the animation, the only thing moving is the camera.

thanks for your help and suggestions

best regards
    Martin
    http://www.pixelbox.cz

I really think it would be worth testing out the vrayambientlight, although not having used it much, it might be a gamble.

Comment

ha gamble is something i cant really afford in these timescales

can anyone share a good setting please? or comment my idea of settings please?

Thanks a lot
      Martin

Comment

As was said, VrayAmbientLight is probably the way to go, we used it recently on large-scale 26x17km landscape visualization. After few modification to vraydirt map ( mainly radius - set to high value ~>100m), it was usable as a very good fast fake GI alternative.

-Radomir

Comment

Originally posted by murko-sk View Post
          As was said, VrayAmbientLight is probably the way to go, we used it recently on large-scale 26x17km landscape visualization. After few modification to vraydirt map ( mainly radius - set to high value ~>100m), it was usable as a very good fast fake GI alternative.

-Radomir
          could you post some images ?

Comment

Originally posted by muoto View Post
            could you post some images ?
            Maybe later, cause I'm off from the office for a few days.

Comment

For big externals I tend to go with BF with low settings instead - it's a bit more reliable than LC. Tend to like i've done more than 2...

Either way the IR map should be doing most of the work.

I've not gone up to 1/16 - tend to stay around 12 tops which does produce some slight noise but it usually gets hidden under a bit of post work.

Comment

Originally posted by cubiclegangster View Post
                For big externals I tend to go with BF with low settings instead - it's a bit more reliable than LC. Tend to like i've done more than 2...

Either way the IR map should be doing most of the work.

I've not gone up to 1/16 - tend to stay around 12 tops which does produce some slight noise but it usually gets hidden under a bit of post work.
                We also used IR+BF before SP4, it`s very reliable, but at scenes with a lot of tiny details and objects there is still possibility to get nasty flickering if the settings are not `upped` enough. Not to mention precalcing IRmaps and so.

We `gambled` with AmbLight - and it proved worthy. The speedup of scene rendering was >50% , mainly because there is no precalc of indirect lighting. Not to mention no flickering at tiny details at all ( all as expected .. ).

Of course AmbLight is restricted in the terms of being `fully` fake GI alternative, but if it will get the ability to sample the environment, then it will be again a lot more close to `real` fake GI.

Comment

ok you must be back by now

can we see some examples murko-sk?
                  Kind Regards,
                  Morne

Comment

Originally posted by DVP3D View Post
                    ok you must be back by now

can we see some examples murko-sk?
                    Hello,
                    sorry for the delay, I absolutely forgot this thread . Here are some thumbs for example :

http://www.3xlab.com/img/gallery_3dr...d/wm_cesty.jpg
                    http://www.3xlab.com/img/gallery_3dr...wm_cesty_3.jpg

Cheers,
                    Radomir

Comment

Wow - first one looks fabulous!

Comment

great work!
                        this is a really old post ))
                        Martin

Comment

wow, looks awesome
                          Kind Regards,
                          Morne

Comment

Very good...

Comment

Can you give some info about Ambient Light?
                              What is the diference from Environment Skylight? Is it some kind of a environment skylight that can produce direct lighting?
                              for my blog and tutorials:
                              www.alfasmyrna.com

Comment

Working...
                              X