Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rush render queue + Vray duplicate frames / jobs / loops

hello.

i'm experiencing a problem with Rush render queue and Vray. it seems as though rather than sending a single frame to a designated server. the entire job is sent to all servers...

has anyone experienced anything similar with Rush and Vray? frames seem to be delegated properly with other renderes. i've attached a sample log file.

thanks,
    stz
    Attached Files

Yes, this was a problem with the official August release. The problem comes from the fact that V-Ray had its own attributes for animation/begin frame/end frame. So the Maya "Render" command modifies the defaultRenderGlobals attributes, while V-Ray is looking in its own. This is fixed for newer builds, you can work around it with the build you have by making sure that Rush will issue a "Render -r vray ...", instead of a "Render -r file ..." command. We had the same problem with backburner in Maya 2010, but in that case there was no way to specify V-Ray as the renderer specifically, I guess the same is true for Rush.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Hi guys. I got the command to render ONLY 1 frame with the "-r vray". Without it it does all the frames on one server, repeatedly on all the servers.

I'm trying to find out from RUSH where to change that line so that it does it on all the servers.

Thanks

Comment

It seems to do with how the Maya renderer is invoked:

Render -r file .. -s # -e # ..
        vs.
        Render -r vray .. -s # -e # ..

In the former case, it appears the -s/-e flags have no effect, causing the entire sequence to be rendered. But in the latter case, the -s/-e the values take effect.

By default, if you leave the rush "submit-maya" script with "Renderer:" set to 'default', then Maya will use whatever renderer was assigned to the scene in the render settings. You also need to use this setting if you have different renderers assigned to each layer.

As a workaround, if you have a version of submit-maya that doesn't have the 'vray' pulldown menu option, there's a line in the rush submit-maya script you can change to add it; there's a long line in the script that looks something like this:

Renderer: "default,maya(sw),mentalray(mr),......3Delight(3de light),maxwell(maxwell)" ?

Just add ",vray(vray)" at the end, before the closing quote, so that it now reads:

Renderer: "default,maya(sw),mentalray(mr),......3Delight(3de light),maxwell(maxwell),vray(vray)" ?

(Note the need for the comma before each new renderer name).

Once you make that small change, when you run submit-maya, you will see 'vray' in the pulldown menu for "Renderer:" and submit your job with that setting, and you should see the 'Render -r vray .. -s # -e #' syntax will be used.

Comment

thank you Vladimir and Erco -- i think we've got it working!

Comment

Working...
          X