No announcement yet.

3DS Max 2012 released - VRay download?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3DS Max 2012 released - VRay download?

Hi,
    3DS Max 2012 is ready to download for subscribers, when is the VRay recompile ready for download?

Thank you,
    Dan

Officially, we'll have the builds at the end of April. However if you are in desperate, urgent and dire need for them, please email us to vray@chaosgroup.com and we can get them to you sooner than that.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

hehe.. i wonder how many people here will suddenly develop a desperate urgent and dire need?! i can feel a client about to call for a project that needs massfx coming on right about....now!

Comment

Hi Vlado,
        will the neet features of nitrous display work with vray materials and standard maps within vray materials, vray lights etc??
        Thanks for your reply
        All the best
        Martin
        http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

Originally posted by PIXELBOX_SRO View Post
          will the neet features of nitrous display work with vray materials and standard maps within vray materials, vray lights etc??
          Mostly it will work, yes, but only for the V-Ray 2.0 builds.

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

This is awesome news ! Heading over to subscription area right now !
            Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Hi there ,

so the actual 2011 build will not run on 2012 ?

Best regards

Björn
              visit my behance profile

Comment

argh, what a pitty to have to wait till end of april.
                but anyway, maybe we juste need to wait for SP1 of 3dsmax 2012 anyway, just to correct all the bugs

Comment

Originally posted by Björn Radler View Post
                  so the actual 2011 build will not run on 2012 ?
                  No, all plugins need to be recompiled.

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

Is there a reason why you're holding off till the end of April? I'm very impressed with the viewport performance, and want to transition asap :P

Comment

Same here. Viewport performance is excellent, I'm just hoping it works this well with VRay.

You also said it will "Mostly" work above, what can we expect NOT to work?

Comment

I meant that some of our materials and textures don't yet have a proper MetaSL representation in the Nitrous viewport (although they will have some basic representation, like in the DirectX viewports); right now we have coded the VRayMtl, VRayLightMtl, VRayBlendMtl, VRayOverrideMtl materials and the VRayColor textures since they appear to be the most used ones. The V-Ray lights work to the extent that they can be represented with standard or photometric 3ds Max lights. These also work with the Quicksilver renderer. We also have some problems getting proper bump mapping on these materials (although it works to some extent), but this seems to be a limitation of the current Nitrous API.

On the whole, I think it works pretty well though, and we'll cover the remaining areas gradually as well.

Best regards,
                        Vlado
                        Last edited by vlado; 08-04-2011, 03:03 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=vlado;454603]Mostly it will work, yes, but only for the V-Ray 2.0 builds.

Just to be clear, will 1.5 be recompiled for 2012, or only 2.0? We pre-ordered 2.0 in November for Dec 6, but our IT dept is sooo slow that it may be June before we get 2.0.
                          btw, Jimmy and Konstantin did an excellent job at the Montreal tour -really good show, and nice, funny guys.

Comment

Originally posted by davidr View Post
                            Just to be clear, will 1.5 be recompiled for 2012, or only 2.0?
                            http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...e-for-Max-2012
                            MDI Digital
                            moonjam

Comment

Originally posted by duke2 View Post
                              Is there a reason why you're holding off till the end of April? I'm very impressed with the viewport performance, and want to transition asap :P
                              I second that. I have a few projects I want to start but only want to use vray with max2012. But its better if they solve their issues than having lots of bugs. Good luck Vlado!

Comment

Working...
                              X