bug and solution for indirect illumination (irradiance map) autosave issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bug and solution for indirect illumination (irradiance map) autosave issue

The following bug occurs sometimes, when rendering from a saved a map of indirect illumination. The problem seems to occur in more complex models, and when there is artificial lighting in the model. See this thread:
    http://forum.asgvis.com/index.php?topic=10331.0

the following steps produce this bug (sometimes. not sure what triggers it): render scene with regular settings using irmap and LC. Stop render before final image is rendered. Save irmap and LC to a new file. Change mode to "from file" and load the files that were saved. Render.

A simple solution that works regardless of the other steps is quite simple. Before rendering, select an autosave file like this:

Then, the saved maps will work (you have to manually save the map - another bug is that autosave doesn't work), regardless of the other steps (I haven't been able to make it fail once a file is selected for autosave.) Don't ask me why it works, it just does.

correct image:

Re: bug and solution for indirect illumination (irradiance map) autosave issue

rats! it's not foolproof. Hope there is a fix in the next beta (and a new beta soon...)

Comment

Something new for devin and fernando if you could confirm. I find that the autosave for the irradiance map incorrectly saves the map as a *.vrlmap instead of *.vrmap. I think the bug may be occuring when the autosave file name is the same for both LC and irrmap. I noticed the when the vrlmap file was the same byte size as my saved vrmap. Now I am running a few tests to see if having a different filename for the GI autosaves makes a difference.
      Any progress on this bug?

Comment

AAAAaaargh!!! Nothing I do seems to be 100% reliable. Please tell me you all have fixed this bug and we're just waiting on the next release.

Comment

Working...
        X