Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing CROSSMAP and COLOR TOOLS for 3Ds Max (Free Beta)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing CROSSMAP and COLOR TOOLS for 3Ds Max (Free Beta)

We are currently developing two new shader plugins for 3Ds Max 2010 and above for which we start Beta Testing now.

CROSSMAP is a 3Ds Max shader that randomly distributes bitmaps on geometry (objects, elements, faces etc.). Just select a folder with bitmaps and leave the rest up to Crossmap. Crossmap creates more variety among visualization projects easy and fast, for example leaves on trees, grass, gravel, stones, flowers, wood fences, cobblestones, tiles and many more.

MAIN FEATURES
    • Fast loading of multiple images at once
    • Random distrbution on multiple objects, elements and faces of an object
    • Random color variation on distributed image instances

COMPATIBILITY
    • 3Ds Max 2010, 2011, 2012 (32 bit and 64 bit)

> MORE ABOUT CROSSMAP

COLOR EXTRACT extracts up to 100 colors from any photo and randomly assigns them to objects, object elements or even procedural maps in 3Ds Max. Just load any photo, extract colors and render. It has never been faster before to create or exchange multiple colors at once. Color Extract is especially useful, but not limited, to natural elements like grass, leaves of a tree, stones, sand, clouds, and many more.

MAIN FEATURES
    • Extract up to 100 colors from any bitmap
    • Random distribution on multiple objects, elements or faces of an object in ONE material
    • Extend existing procedural maps with more colors

COMPATIBILITY
    • 3Ds Max 2010, 2011, 2012 (32 bit and 64 bit)

> MORE ABOUT COLOR TOOLS

>> JOIN BETA TEST TO GET A FREE VERSION + MORE
    ---
    About VIZPARK - www.vizpark.com

VIZPARK is a Autodesk authorized developer of 3Ds max plugins and high quality 3D models for professional 3D artists.

looking good.. ill sign up to test

Comment

Could you make sure you add in the standard mapping controls (tiling / offset / rotation) and the output section for overall colour correction too? I was using multi texture recently and I missed having both of those features!

Comment

Originally posted by joconnell View Post
        Could you make sure you add in the standard mapping controls (tiling / offset / rotation) and the output section for overall colour correction too? I was using multi texture recently and I missed having both of those features!
        Crossmap already has both options integrated while color Tools has the mapping controls, but not the color controls yet. We will look into this and hopefully be able to add them too.
        ---

VIZPARK is a Autodesk authorized developer of 3Ds max plugins and high quality 3D models for professional 3D artists.

Comment

UPDATE on Crossmap and Color Tools:

CROSSMAP BETA

New features in latest beta version:

- NEW: randomly distribute bitmaps with FOREST PACK 3.8(random bitmaps on objects, random bitmaps on elements of objects)
          (A BIG THANKS to iToosoft for supporting us with implementing this functionality in Forest Pack 3.8!)
          - NEW: Filter bitmaps while loading from a folder (e.g. just load all "_bump" bitmaps of one folder)
          - NEW: double click in the image list will open up a preview of the image

Some more examples made with Crossmap:

Bitmaps randomly distributed on objects scattered with Forest Pack Pro 3.8 :

Cobblestones mapped in "Per Face" mode to circular geometry planes and stones around tree:

Bitmaps randomly distributed via "Input Map" mode in Crossmap. The 3Ds max tiles map is used to
          create random distribution of the bricks :

COLOR TOOLS BETA

New features in latest beta version:

- NEW: randomly distribute COLORS with FOREST PACK 3.8 (random bitmaps on objects, random bitmaps on elements of objects)
          (A BIG THANKS to iToosoft for supporting us with implementing this functionality in Forest Pack 3.8!)
          - NEW: per face map mode to distribute colors on to faces of an object.

EXAMPLE: Colors randomly assigned to particles with PFLOW, using random material IDs:

---

Comment

Very interesting looking.

Comment

This looks good, but it looks very similar to CGsource multi texture map.

Is there a difference ? except for the mental support ?

cheers

Comment

Yes, there are quite a few things Multitexture can´t do:

- support for Forest Pack Pro 3.8 with per object and pre element distribution
                - distribute images on faces (e.g. square tiles of a simple plane object)
                - distribute images per object IDs
                - distribute images on elements of objects (e.g. leaves or a tree)
                - distribute images per face IDs
                - random distribution AND distribution in a linear sequence (for patterns)
                - Crossmap will include a texture library
                - separate alpha output: if PNGs with alpha channel are loaded, Crossmap can send out diffuse channel and alpha channel at the same time, meaning you can use the same instance of Crossmap in the diffuse and opacity channel)
                - Mental Ray support
                - filter image-files while loading (e.g. just load all images with the string "bump" in them)
                ---

Comment

And in regards to Color Tools,

I don´t know any other plugin that is capable of extracting multiple colors from a bitmap and then distritbuting them in a scene.
                  ---

Comment

We finally released our first two plugins:

COLOR EXTRACT (for 29 €)

View product information here

and

COLOR COMBINE (for free)

View product info and download for free

Also, for everyone doing walls and floors in architecture I´ve added two tutorials on the use of
                    Crossmap and Crossmap with BerconTile. It´s worth a look, even if you are just using BerconTile ...

View Crossmap Tutorials
                    Last edited by VIZPARK; 15-03-2012, 04:34 AM.
                    ---

Comment

I purchased the Brick & Tile generator, but with the e-check, it'll take a week to process. I have a deadline so, I need it now. Is there anyway I can get the plugin now? I do have my PayPal transaction ID.
                      Bobby Parker
                      www.bobby-parker.com
                      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I´ve just completed your order manually so you can download and install Walls & Tiles.

Let me know if you need further help.

Best,
                        Martin

Comment

PERFECT! Thanks for the fast reply!
                          Bobby Parker
                          www.bobby-parker.com
                          e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                          phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                          • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                          • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                          • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

A small token of appreciation and kind of an endorsement for Crossmap, which I bought back in May of this year. It is really, really great value for money! It has all the features I was looking for in a multi-texture material and more! It works a treat and IMHO it's much better than any of the available alternatives!

Thanks, Martin!

Comment

Another bravo for Crossmap.

Comment

Working...
                              X