• Nuke as a live renderview

Just came across this, looks awesome:

http://vimeo.com/36909707

Cheers!

Kickass ! Hope it will work with max rt etc etc =D
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

mind you this is not rendering a nuke scene. it is rendering an existing scene as image input. While it's a very cool concept i have problems finding real world use cases where it would really make sense.

Thorsten

Comment

artist 1 / machine 1 : setting up lighting/shaders

artist 2 / machine 2 : precomp with nuke 'seeing' render tests from artist1 so artist2 can begin grading/merging/fx and tell artist1 if some shaders need tuning, or he need some special passes, etc. Better to do that once the render isn't sent yet to the renderfarm Actually we render one frame entirely with all passes and start looking into comping to see how shaders react to comping and if we need tunning in the rendering, passes etc before sending renders. Would save time. But for a small studio like us, it may be a white elephant to setup for little gain. Anyway, this is an awsome concept )

Comment

But you don't need a live streaming connection to the renderer, no? That seems rather like an overhead. Having a Readnode that has a watcher functionality and autoreloads would perform better without any big drawbacks, wouldnt it? As said, the concept is very cool, but i still fail to see the benefit over an interim testrender. Which is also persistent for example while you'd have to re-render everytime with a live connection. Maybe i am just misunderstanding it tho.

Regards,
          Thorsten

Comment

Working...
          X