Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayCamera: Max or VRayBug?

Hi Vlado,
    this is not the first time in my experience.
    See this two files. In the first scene, empty scene with 3 animated camera, the file is 10 MB!!!
    If I do "FILE -> NEW -> KEEP OBJECTS -> OK" and save, the file now is 300 KB! But I loose all the animation.
    It's a VRayCamera BUG or Max BUG for you?
    Also, if in the "animated" files, you delete all the camera (so the scene is empty) the file still 10 MB, after the saving!
    Also, you can see some "strange" notes track in the Curve editor, under Max MotionClip Manager.
    I use this script for to delete this boh... ghost tracks, as you can read on CGTalk thread. But without success.

while (numNoteTRacks TrackViewNodes.Max_MotionClip_Manager > 0) do deleteNoteTrack TrackViewNodes.Max_MotionClip_Manager (getNoteTrack TrackViewNodes.Max_MotionClip_Manager 1)

If I deleter all the VRayCam, run the script and save, the file stay at 10 MB!
    Only if I run "FILE -> NEW -> KEEP OBJECTS -> OK" the file go down in size.

DOWNLOAD

Thanks
    Last edited by cecofuli; 08-05-2012, 01:14 PM.
    www.francescolegrenzi.com

VRay - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book
    Corona - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book

--- FACEBOOK ---

certainly there is something in the file that require deleting, i could not get the behaviour if i create a new vray animated camera/s. i'll keep looking for the solution.

Comment

Thanks to Codi on the VRay forums.

Utilities->Reactor->Collisions->Clear

Comment

In max 2011 we don't have Reactor =)
        And, also, this is not the first time I've some problem with VRayCamera. In one file, after ONLY deleted the VRay camera, the file size was less than half!

EDIT: Ok, I deleted all geometry/shape etc... Only VRaylights and VRaycameras: 260 MB! Compressed: 800K!
        Incredible!

DOWNLOAD

FILE -> NEW -> KEEP OBJECTS -> OK" and save, the file now is 2 MB. Yes, 2 MB...
        Last edited by cecofuli; 09-05-2012, 01:48 AM.

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

I've downloaded your file but after a plugin error on loading, 3dsmax freeze.

Click image for larger version

Name:	plug_error.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	845338

I've tried to replicate your scene as you wrote but my file still around 300kb...

Comment

Hi bardo, in which files?
            Last edited by cecofuli; 09-05-2012, 03:10 AM.

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

the last you linked

http://www.francescolegrenzi.com/Tem...imated_BUG.rar

I have max2012.

Comment

Ok, sorry, try again with the same file. I remove the "helper" now.

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

Ok..the plugin error didn't show anymore but after the "missing file window" max freeze again.

Comment

You can see you have a zillion note tracks in your scene, check "Dope sheet/Max MotionClip Manager".

This script should do the job:
                    Code:
                    [FONT=courier new]deleteTrackViewController trackviewnodes TrackViewNodes.Max_MotionClip_Manager[/FONT]
                    We get this error a lot lately at our office, some "infected" asset pollutes the scenes where it's used.
                    Hoped that Adesk fixed it in 2012, but doesn't seem so ...

Comment

bardo: Mmm... I donìt know why I open the file without any freeze here.

Hi Codi, yes, I know, but after clean the scene (see the first post) the file size is the same. Only run
                      "FILE -> NEW -> KEEP OBJECTS -> OK"
                      The file size go down. I know. I read a lot of thread on different forum with max 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. Crazy!

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

Apparently this was a bug with Max 8 or 9 (or around then), so any older files that are merged into 3ds max seem to create a tonne of note tracks.

Autodesk have officically acknowledged the problem and have apparently fixed it in newer versions. It would be nice if they fixed the problem and automatically fixed infected files on load, but they have not done this.
                        http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...linkID=9241177

Also, real08121985 has written a little script to remove all this crap that looks quite cool:
                        http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/cleaner

The code to remove the note tracks has been discussed on a few forums, and this has been chosen as the best way to remove the data:
                        --MaxScript code
                        try while (numNoteTRacks TrackViewNodes.Max_MotionClip_Manager > 0) do
                        (
                        deleteNoteTrack TrackViewNodes.Max_MotionClip_Manager (getNoteTrack TrackViewNodes.Max_MotionClip_Manager 1)
                        )
                        catch()
                        --End MaxScript code

Does anyone know what these mysterious note tracks are?

Tim
                        http://www.timsportfolio.co.uk

Comment

I use a CODI script all the days! It's so crazy! And I don't have any old max file merged in this project. I'm sure...
                          But, in this files, only with FILE -> NEW -> KEEP OBJECTS -> OK I can have a decent file size! and without any "notes" tracks!

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

The file compresses so much is because compressing algorithms summarize redundant info very well, and in your case you have the same note track repeated over and over.

I guess the reason that it only decreases in size when you make a new scene (keeping the objects) is because the note tracks are "attached" to the scene, not to a specific object.

Comment

Ok Codi, but I run your script, clean all the track note, but the file size is the same! But this could be one reason.
                              But, this is an architectural job. If I lose some camera's animations it's not a big problem.
                              But if we have some complex animation? character animation?
                              It's impossible to think to use "FILE -> NEW -> KEEP OBJECTS" I lose all the groups and animations!

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

Working...
                              X