X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreal 4

This is... kind of insane:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY20pxEQM-A

How do they pull off GI effects like that?
    - Geoff

blimey thats a bit flash isnt it.

Comment

I want the particle system for max n maya arr !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOvfn...eature=related
      CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Originally posted by YoyoBoy View Post
        How do they pull off GI effects like that?
        There are techniques like virtual light sources, volume light fields, reflection shadow maps etc. that help with that. Since your next question might be "why don't you put this in V-Ray", the answer is - these techniques have various drawbacks as well, among them:

= Precalculation - while the final result is rendered in real time, some preprocessing might be required for the scene, which may be quite time-consuming;
        = Limited precision - typically you only get general GI solutions which tend to be somewhat blurred. Adding detail to the GI solution might increase the memory and/or processing requirements;
        = Limited scope - some algorithms only work for closed spaces with clearly defined boundaries; implementing them when rendering a full-scale landscape for example, would be impossible;
        = The number of bounces for true dynamic GI (not precalculated) is typically limited to 1 or 2 at most;

All these things mean that setting up a GI solution for a scene can be a complicated task...

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Vlado about the folume effects - would it be possible tho to produce a smoke like they do ? Many times I don't need too accurate sims, just a background effect that I could possibly interact with and have some options to light... Quick smoke would be very nice

as to physics quite interesting (old) interview with ILM how they Plume started and how that was inaccurate =D
          http://www.geeks3d.com/20110408/the-...2%80%99s-gpus/

Comment

Originally posted by DADAL View Post
            Vlado about the folume effects - would it be possible tho to produce a smoke like they do?
            Yes, if we did that on the GPU

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Can we plzzzzzzzzzzzzz? =D hock it up at 1st with particle flow, give us shader and let the renders and which list begin :]

Comment

Working...
              X