Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have got this issue in a current project,

Does anyone have any idea on what it could be,
    I think it's something related with a object.

Even if we merge everything back to a fresh scene, few renders are working and then it "corrupt" the gamma again...

We do multi-light render setup : Sun, Sky, Ref, Int, etc...
    The good thing is that it's only happening on our sun pass, so I guess it's something related with the VraySun...
    Do you guys have a sun in the scene or is it happening with HDRI only as well?

Stan
    3LP Team

Comment

I didn't have a sun, but an HDRI in the Reflection/Refraction Environment Override...

Comment

I have escaped that issue , as of late, which is awesome! I have never figured out what causes it.
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com
        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

So I've had this problem too - Chaos confirmed this on their end too with a super basic scene that I sent them so I'm surprised that it hasn't been spoke about more here.

Whilst this doesn't affect final render it's a frustrating problem to work with. I find it enough to deal with ensuring that my render nodes are working properly, with maps and with various plugins, and I think having to wait to inspect the final render on a large scene is not very efficient.
          Win10 x64, 3DS Max 2017 19.0, Vray 3.60.03
          Threadripper 1950x, 64GB RAM, Aurous Gaming 7 x399,

Comment

I had this issue for the first time in years last week. My nodes kept rendering darker buckets whatever I did. At the end there was nothing left in the scene except a light dome (no hdri) and some objects and still got the issue, even with GI disabled ! That lasted for 2 days and because of the very tight deadline I could not investigate further. But now the problem is gone. Don't know why don't know how, frustrating.
            Now I notice that during Irradiance Map calculation, some buckets are much darker but that doesn't affect the final rendering - for the moment at least - fingers crossed.

mekene

Comment

I just had a very similar problem. In the end I solved it by changing my burn value back to 1.0 in the vray settings. Maybe it's a solution unique to me and my setup, who knows. Might work for you though.

Dan Temple

Comment

not sure if this is the solution, but I saw this happening in one of my scenes and I went and looked through all the nodes and made sure the Gamma/LUT settings matched across all machines - this seemed to solve it.
                Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

Comment

Interesting, so you actually fired up max on the nodes and changed the settings in the standard vray dialog? I've just got the dummy copies running on the nodes, I don't think I've ever even started max on them (except maybe once in the beginning?)

Comment

I just had the issue again but all the system preferences matched. Just shut down and restarted the spawner which seemed to solve it..
                    Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

Comment

Working...
                    X