Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayProxy not right since update to 2.40.01

Hi there,

Yesterday, we updated to Vray 2.40.01 and we are experiencing some issues with proxys.

1) The forest pack pro trees in our scenes are scalled down, they look tiny now. We updated to Forest 4 Beta, so it might be that, a quick scale up and it's fixed, not a big deal for the moment. But to let you know

2) The Vray Proxys if the scale is not set at 1, the proxys are rendering not at the right place, like if they have moved. And it's proportional to the scale we put in, the more we go up, the more the proxy is moving.
    The viewport is fine though, it's only at rendertime, and that's annoying. The only way to fix it in the mean time, is to put the scale back to 1 and scale physicly the proxy.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Stan
    3LP Team

Thanks for the pointer; looking into it now. There will be a fix soon.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

yep there is defenilty a problem with proxy,
      If I don't set proxy scale 1.00 they don't show up in rendering.

hope there will be a patch soon.

Comment

Yep, we found the problem already; the patch will be ready on Monday.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Just to be sure though, if you want to try this out before we roll out the official update, you can email me to vlado@chaosgroup.com for a build.

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

what is the situation about ? i downloaded yesterday - do i have the bug ?

Comment

Another problem with proxies I found in 2.40.01 is that if the proxy is missing the .vrmesh extension the proxy fails to load, even if the path is correct. It use to work fine in previous versions without the extension.
              www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Originally posted by dlparisi View Post
                Another problem with proxies I found in 2.40.01 is that if the proxy is missing the .vrmesh extension the proxy fails to load, even if the path is correct. It use to work fine in previous versions without the extension.
                Are you sure? I don't remember that ever being the case. Still, we also support .abc files now, so omitting the extension is a bit ambiguous.

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by QuakeMarine1 View Post
                  The new build will be called 2.40.02.

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                    Are you sure? I don't remember that ever being the case. Still, we also support .abc files now, so omitting the extension is a bit ambiguous.
                    Yeah, definitely, since this is how a few of them were accidentally named and I never noticed it until I upgraded. I didn't notice they were missing the .vrmesh extension because I just kept merging them in from other scenes. I was on 2.2xxx before if that helps to explain it. Anyways, not a big deal really, I just browse for them in the asset manager, rename with the proper extension, and reselect.

Thanks for the update!
                    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Yep, we found the problem already; the patch will be ready on Monday.

Best regards,
                      Vlado
                      Great to hear Vlado,

I tried the nightly build because I saw that it was fixed in the logs but for some reason, the spawning wasn't working through BB, so I reverted back to 2.40.01

Nice to know it will be fixed on Monday!

Thanks

Stan
                      3LP Team

Comment

Best regards,
                        Vlado
                        Hi Vlado,

Do you have an ETA for when this new build will be on your download page?

Best regards
                        http://www.glass-canvas.co.uk

Comment

Best regards,
                          Vlado
                          Originally posted by QuakeMarine1 View Post
                          I can´t prevent from venting a bit. Vlado, are you having laugh with that respond ?
                          There might be lots of people out there relying on that fix cause they have deadlines to attend to.
                          You announced the fix for Monday the 8th. Today is Wednesday and none is released. Now it´s gonna be next Monday.
                          When is it going to be precisely ? A nightly build doesn´t cut it. How many times should one invest valuable time for
                          updating the workstations or renderfarms ?
                          Next time you release something open wide I suggest you might be better off sending it to some pro company working on real big stuff. In that case this heavy bug could be seen instantly under stress testing. And if you did, it leaves the question in what terms the testing procedures need to be overseen.

Best regards
                          marty

Comment

Originally posted by marty030 View Post
                            I can´t prevent from venting a bit. Vlado, are you having laugh with that respond?
                            I was simply saying that it would be easy to recognize the fixed build.

There might be lots of people out there relying on that fix cause they have deadlines to attend to. You announced the fix for Monday the 8th. Today is Wednesday and none is released. Now it´s gonna be next Monday. When is it going to be precisely?
                            The build is being uploaded on the server as we speak. We worked as fast as it was physically possible to implement the fix.

Next time you release something open wide I suggest you might be better off sending it to some pro company working on real big stuff.
                            We did that. The fact is that no-one reported this issue for months and months since the changes went it.

In that case this heavy bug could be seen instantly under stress testing.
                            But it wasn't even though the builds were used in production by customers. So what gives?

And if you did, it leaves the question in what terms the testing procedures need to be overseen.
                            We did test this quite carefully. Unfortunately some things slip through.

Best regards,
                            Vlado
                            Last edited by vlado; 13-02-2013, 07:34 AM.

Comment

The 2.40.02 patch is now on the web site. Again, apologies for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
                              Vlado

Comment

Working...
                              X