Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Vray displacement on Forest Pack Pro objects

Hello Vlado,

When I try to use vray displacement in the material slot, displacement is not displayed on the render end on forest pack pro objects, but apparently this seams to be a known issue.
    Is this something that can be fixed for future updates...

I'm using 3DSmax Design 2014 + Vrayadv24004 for max2014 + forest pack ForestPackPro403 for 2013

Kind regards
    Gonçalo

Does forest pro internally use vray proxies for the duplicating? If this is the case then it will only render what's saved in the original mesh and won't allow any render time modifications to be made, you might have to turbosmooth and regularly displace your trees before picking them in forest.

Comment

Not sure what forest pro uses internally but the base object is a mesh with no displacement modifier at all.
      I was simply trying to use displacement in the vray material slot only... you mean that Vray isn't able to recognize it?

Thanks
      Last edited by GoncaloP; 22-06-2013, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Forest doesn't use internally proxies, but both Forest and proxies use the same instancing engine, so they share multiple characteristics.
        Carlos Quintero
        iToo Software
        www.itoosoft.com

Comment

It would be best to use the regular 3ds Max Displace modifier for this; the V-Ray displacement is view-dependent by default and it is not clear at all how it could be applied to multiple instances that are at different distances to the camera.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Fair enough! I'll try to use 3dsmax displace it sounds a very good way to explore... Thank you!

Cheers
            Gonçalo

Comment

Working...
            X