2008 Honda Accord work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Honda Accord work

3d elements, shading, texturing, lighting and rendering by Steve Wilson.

Flash elements, factory data models (obj's) and direction from Collective London. http://www.collectivelondon.com/*

Hope you like it.
    Last edited by stevesideas; 31-03-2008, 09:45 AM.
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

it would be nice if the car companies all made their factory data sets available to the public. They would get their cars in a lot more sims that way.
    mh

Comment

Hi,

the interior 360 is really good. Good work on the leather seats there.
      But you are right on the compression, it's awful.

Best regards,
      Dieter
      --------
      visit my developer blog

Comment

Awesome. Yes compression is bad.
        Also are some of the shots in the gallery real? seems way too good to be cg
        Good work overall
        Dmitry Vinnik
        Silhouette Images Inc.
        ShowReel:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
        https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Sorry I forgot to specify which work I had done. Basically I did the main camera pan at the begininning and the exterior render shots in the gallery. Yes, 2 or 3 of the exterior shots are photos. The interior shot is a photo also.
          Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by mikeh View Post
            it would be nice if the car companies all made their factory data sets available to the public. They would get their cars in a lot more sims that way.
            mh
            yeah and we could get realllly good chinese clones for cheap! :P
            WerT
            www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Very good work !

Comment

nice work, strange they used a LHD for the UK
                Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.

Comment

Yeah. I was asked to make sure all the interiors for the exterior shots were RHD. Maybe they didnt have time to get the RHD shots for the interior, I wasn't involved in that section.
                  Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Cool, the exploring section is a nice clean render, and smooth. Interiors are v good.

Comment

the interior 360 is very nice. is that a single render from a 360 fov camera? do you know how it was programmed so you can view it interactively like that. I have a similar assignment and I'm curious.

thanks,

V Miller

Comment

Good job, I like it!
                        Zahir3d
                        PIXARCHI.COM

Comment

i'm also wondering how the exterior 'path' was done. Was it something similar to a Quicktime VR where the animation is rendered out as a flat image and the software stretches it around to look like an animation?, or was it actually a series of frames? Very intested in how this was done.

really blown away by this work actually i think its awesome

Comment

Hi Guys. Thanks for the comments. I need to make clear (like I thought I did earlier ) that the interior is actually photography and not 3d at all. Basically a set of photographs were taken and then stitched together to create the interior 360 view.

The exterior animation was a basic path. The path was first created roughly with keyframes and then I drew splines from the top view to make sure the path of the camera was smooth. Adjusting the path to fit the splines I had drawn.

So basically, yes. A series of frames
                            Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

oh damn that interior was like the best photo of a car interior that i've ever seen...i actually thought it was done using vray :P (the wrong way around i know)

Thanks for sharing the method for the exterior. It seemed to load so fast for me that i didn't think it was a series of frames. How many are there in total?. Its a very nice effect and your materials, especially the car paint are excellent.

Comment

Working...
                              X