Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to that fluid sim from Chaos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to that fluid sim from Chaos?

Whatever happened to that fluid simulator -- I think that's what it was -- that Chaos started working on long ago?

I can't even remember what it was called. Aurora or something?

Did it get canned after Fumefx came out or something?

It is/was called Aura, Peter mentioned that they were still working on it as 2 yrs ago at Siggraph. That's the last I've heard it mentioned.
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

It is currently being re-written from scratch.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Nice

you are concentrating this plugin on water, or also on other particle things such as fire, smoke ?
        If would love to easy an 'easy' water sim, that does just that.

btw, that clothsim, is that still around somewhere ?
        My Homepage : http://www.pixelstudio.nl

Comment

Simcloth is available including sources here :

http://www.spot3d.com/simcloth/files/

Kind Regards,
          Thorsten

Comment

I notice the Simcloth forum isn't found here though anymore....?

Comment

any idea when new Aura will be available and will it come free with vray ?
              Kind Regards,
              Morne

Comment

fluid sims dont sound too much like "free" things

---------------------------------------------------
                MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

just another thing to spend money on. a plugin for this and a plugin for that. Soon you will need a plugin for max just to be able to move things around in your scene
                  Kind Regards,
                  Morne

Comment

Originally posted by DVP3D View Post
                    just another thing to spend money on. a plugin for this and a plugin for that. Soon you will need a plugin for max just to be able to move things around in your scene
                    Three plugins. One each for X, Y & Z.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffG2 View Post
                      One each for X, Y & Z.
                      Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
                      nuno@ene-digital.com
                      00351 917593145

Comment

it would be nice if someone finally looked in to small scale liquid simulation.
                        Glu is ok at a medium to large bit of water, but is ridiculous if you need a small stream of water.
                        Real Flow can probably do it ok, but it's just too expensive. We rarely need water. We can do what we need without it, but it would always be nice to have things looking nicer.
                        I wonder if aura can handle a small (something like 4mm diameter) stream of water with a fairly high velocity. I've never seen water coming out of a faucet, or smaller, that doesn't look really cartoon-like. And sometimes it just looks like clear paint, if it's even clear. At the velocity I needed for one simulation I couldn't even get glu to work. It has no real scale. The numbers are just what they felt they should be. That's really had to simulate. Where the water looked right it would have taken about 25 minutes to fill a bottle of water. I'm not sure I had enough time to wait for 45,000 frames to calculate. I could just render every 25 frames or something and use that, but still, it's just crazy.

I'm interested to see what Chaos does. Hopefully we'll see some results soon.

Comment

Working...
                        X