Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some RWF tryings

Dear community...
    I am trying to do my best to follow the forum, but i'll get not so often with images, which deserve to take place here...So - at the point - I have tried the new RWF and it works good for me...Of course there was some PS afterthat...See by yourself and thanx for the comments in advance.

Best regards: 3dkad
    Last edited by 3dkad; 04-04-2008, 12:36 PM. Reason: Adding one more picture
    Express Your Imagination - let it MAX!!!
    www.3dkad.de

The interior works well but your sky seems off in the outdoor image, especially the first one, where the sky looks green

I personally think RWF (1.6 gamma) isn't a good choice for this exterior(because of the amount of shadow), its much too contrasty, I'd bet putting it back to 2.2 would look a lot better in this case.
    Last edited by werticus; 01-04-2008, 09:17 AM.
    WerT
    www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Congrats 3dkad! Very nice atmosphere you have achieved!

Comment

I really like the internal, its a nice space and the lighting works well. Although the externals arent bad I feel like im in a miniature model for some reason?

Comment

great

Hello !

@3dkad:
          I am really happy now to see that someone else can use the rieder work flow You are the first one I gues trieng and posting really fantastic results with the rwf. thank you so much.

I had so much stress the last weeks that I couldn't make more tests.
          So really, really great to see now your results, makes me really happy and appreciate that !!

bernhard
          www.bernhardrieder.com
          rieder.bernhard@gmail.com

Comment

Hi all,
            Thanks for the replies...
            I have added one more interior to the upper post.
            Have searched a long time for the good contrast to me and i found a piece of satisfaction in the RWF...The post production in PS is really not much and i like the way it works...
            I will keep trying and will let you know

Regards: 3dkad
            Express Your Imagination - let it MAX!!!
            www.3dkad.de

Comment

I'm wondering... what does this RWF stand for? I've seen it a few times on the forum but I quess I missed the "birth" of it.
              Does it stand for "Random" WorkFlow? :P
              www.artbyarjan.com - Online portfolio (temporarily offline)
              @home:
              / AMD Phenom X4 @ 3.00Ghz / ATI HD 4890 / 8Gb Ram /
              / Vista Ultimate x64 / Max 2010 / Vray 1.5 SP3a Edu /
              @work:
              / Intel Core2Quad Q9450 @ 2.66Ghz /
              Nvidia Quadro FX 3700 / 8Gb Ram /
              / Vista Bussines x64 /

Comment

edit: Last post on this page says all that shouldve been said on the subject.

Apologies for taking up room in your thread, the images are really good - ive just got issues with 'LWF' and how nuts people go for the 'correct' solution regardless of how it looks.
                Last edited by Neilg; 15-04-2008, 03:46 AM.

Comment

You know that you are implying that LWF users like us render utter crap, are you :P

Anyways there is a reason we use LWF. Here's some reading regarding the utter crap sRGB produces. It doesnt even SCALE images correctly, let alone grading or alike...

http://www.4p8.com/eric.brasseur/gamma.html#examples

And yes using linear software like nuke all the examples presented there work just fine...

Comment

Originally posted by instinct View Post
                    You know that you are implying that LWF users like us render utter crap, are you :P
                    Apologies, I didnt intend to - I meant to imply that from hearing about large scale jobs that requre a very strong and tight workflow is making people think it's a far more important subject than it actually is. I didnt think I made any comments on the quality you could get from it, just the naming and hype.
                    Theres nothing wrong with it, per se, I just think its a bit excessive for architectural stills and that a lot of the use is still bandwagon based.
                    Last edited by Neilg; 14-04-2008, 04:11 AM.

Comment

well check out the examples on that page. i tested them with CS3 vs nuke myself and can confirm the problems. Now when scaling images already get's your colours of like that i do think that it IS a way underrated subject

Regards,
                      Thorsten

Comment

You're vastly misunderstanding me - I get the impression you think i'm saying the entire concept of working like that is overrated.

I'm not - i'm saying that before we knew about lwf, everyone did something similar to varying degrees depending on how much they needed it per image. Then someone came along with a name for it and everyone started using exactly the same method. Yeah I know, 'if it's not broke, dont fix it'... this is just an opinion (that appears to be in a vast minority...)
                        Last edited by Neilg; 14-04-2008, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Well that's what i mean. if you decide to turn away from beeing linear (neither Reinhard, or whatever custom gamma settings, but working completely linear) then all the problems mentioned on that page arise. And that is mostly in post. If you render out and use the 3d rendering straight away then tweaking as needed is fine. If you need to post it aint. It's seriously unpredictable then. Mind you that almost all post tools out there arent even capable of working in linear space...and that's just sad if you ask me.

Regards,
                          Thorsten

Comment

There is something really confusing with this "scepticism" against lwf.
                            By this logic, we could just skip the whole units system when modelling, as it is not strictly necessary. We can model just as well in kilometres as cm.

Why would anyone even consider a standardisation system that simplifies your work as a hassle?

My guess is they just haven't had the "eureka" experience, where they fully see the folly of their ways.
                            Signing out,
                            Christian

Comment

Originally posted by trixian View Post
                              Why would anyone even consider a standardisation system that simplifies your work as a hassle?

My guess is they just haven't had the "eureka" experience, where they fully see the folly of their ways.
                              This is another reason why I have issue with it - the superiority complex, the feeling that if youre not using LWF it's because you dont 'get it'

Fuck off. Theres a difference between a standardised measure of units a method of lighting a scene. Lighting is free form, and can be done completley by eye. It's pretty difficult to model an entire scene by eye, and I think some of the most creative exersizes in modeling wouldve been done by eye anyway. No constrains, or rules, you know? Just an idea.
                              The only time you need a stardardised workflow is when your work will be going through a number of people and needing the same level on control on it every step of the way. This doesnt really happen in architecture, and so I consider the stress put on it's importance over-inflated.
                              Last edited by Neilg; 15-04-2008, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X