Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirvac Design - Architectural Animation

Hi all,

It's been a long long time between posts!

Here is a little bit of work our 3D team completed earlier this year.
    We only had two weeks to turn this around from a couple hand sketches to this animation.
    The deadline was so tight we only had one shot at rendering it, we ran out of time to implement a few things (animated people, cars) and unfortunately a few errors slipped through to the final animation. Regardless I think the final product was a real success and totally sold the job.

Big thanks to the whole team that made this happen.

http://www.vimeo.com/1111466
    Attached Files
    Richard De Souza

www.themanoeuvre.com

cool i like it !
    Ruben Gil
    www.spvisionz.com
    www.linkedin.com/in/s2vgroup

Comment

Hmmm really nice

Did you do the music-pulses in max or post?
      Patrick Macdonald
      Lighting TD : http://reformstudios.com Developer of "Mission Control", the spreadsheet editor for 3ds Max http://reformstudios.com/mission-control-for-3ds-max/

Comment

Very nice indeed, especially for two weeks of work! How did you achieve the wavy blue lines effect?
        .:www.mcphersonyachtdesign.com:.

Comment

I love it, how did you get that hazy effect in some of the shots?

Comment

Beautiful work! You guys must have done 24/7 to get this done in two weeks.
            Last edited by TRGraphics; 05-06-2008, 12:45 PM. Reason: none

Comment

Far out! Thats great! I would also like to know how you did the blue wave effect!
              www.buildmedia.co.nz

Comment

The waves are Trapcode Form, it's sort of a pseudo point cloud renderer based off Particular for After Effects. I like the effect but it's quickly becoming the new "Shine" I've seen it in about a hundred music videos since it's release.

Devin, there is a bit of DOF and fog in most shots, there are actually about 25 layers in post on each shot.

TrGraphics, it definitely wasn't a 9-5 job, we pulled some long hours just before we pushed render then I did again at the end when putting it all together in AE.

thanks.
                Richard De Souza

www.themanoeuvre.com

Comment

Hey great for the time frame, love the long pull out shot. Did you guys break into a nervous sweat when you hit render?

Say G'day to Micheal for me.

Cheers
                  Troy

Comment

Most impressive..........love it!

Comment

Hey Richard, very good! Great concept enviroment too.
                      Great job.

regards,
                      André Tobo
                      Architect | Architectural Visualization
                      www.tobo.com.br

Comment

Very impressive for only two weeks production time. How big was the team?
                        Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

Mainly there was four of us working on the animation side of things. There was a ton of other work done too, stills, graphic design, production of documents and books all done in house.

We pretty much had one week to put together the model, texture and light.
                          I was modeling the main building structure, that took me a couple days. While I was doing that Chris modeled the entry/foyer hotel side, Joseph modeled the retail area, Jacob did the external ground areas and set up the cameras, we had another one of our artists modeling the pool deck that you briefly see in the pull out shot.
                          As Chris and I did the lighting we finished the texturing, added cars and people.
                          Somewhere in there I had to model and rig a character in Arab robes as we only had westerners in our model library.
                          That was pretty much the first week. We used the weekend.. and eventually the Monday to render the main frames.

Tuesday I started putting it all together in post as Chris worked on patch renders and extra passes.
                          Jacob and I worked up the 3D elements in the intro sequence Wednesday night and rendered it overnight.
                          We added the night shot last minute as we needed something to tie it back to the starting sequence.
                          Thursday night I worked through the night creating the motion design elements in the intro and at the end, by that point I was pretty committed to getting it done with as many frills as possible. :P Friday morning it was done and we started duplicating DVD's for the books, I went to sleep.
                          Last edited by rhino; 07-06-2008, 07:15 PM.
                          Richard De Souza

www.themanoeuvre.com

Comment

Hi Richard,

Congratulations from us from the Sudney office! You guys did a great job with this animation. I saw a DVD here on the big screen and it looked really good and professional. Good luck with your CG Architect submission too.

Nothing to critic really, considering the time frame you had

Keep up the good work and salute to all the people involved!

Zoran

Comment

i agree, very nice work!. I like how you managed to incorporate more than just the architectural animation within the timeframe - the other creative stuff is very good. I like pretty much everything about the work and am amased about the 2 week timeframe

Actually we have a similar scale job coming up and haven't done much animation (I think we are allowing 2 months to do it...). was wondering if you would be willing to share a few basic settings in terms of GI and AA methods which allowed you get it rendered so quickly?. No need for detailed specifcs but if you are willing to share some general info this would be much appreciated and will help us a lot to at least confirm our own set of proposed settings and the quote. Did you use an online farm?

Comment

Working...
                              X