Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Region render, viewport and preset in VFB.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Region render, viewport and preset in VFB.

Hi Vlado,

in Max 2009 Autodesk put this 3 tools

Region render, Viewport and Render preset

directly in the Frame buffer interface.

Can you put this 3 tool also in the VRay Frame buffer? Becouse in my opinion this speed up a lot the rendering workflow.

Thank's

cecofuli
    www.francescolegrenzi.com

VRay - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book
    Corona - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book

--- FACEBOOK ---

There are some additions to the V-Ray VFB in relation to region rendering that are being worked on, but we don't intend to copy the 3ds Max frame buffer interface; if you like that, nothing stops you from using it instead of the V-Ray VFB.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi vlado,

thank's for the info . I prefer use the VRay FB

bye

cecofuli

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

Not having easy access to the render region function is a killer.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffG2 View Post
          Not having easy access to the render region function is a killer.
          qft

pretty please incorporate it vlado
          http://www.glass-canvas.co.uk

Comment

Hi,
            I think if we could get a feature similar to the render "Subset Pixels (of selected Objects) like in MentalRay would be a very huge help in workflow. Being able to adjust and re-render selected objects is a time killer.
            Is there anything in preparation, Vlado ?

Comment

You can do a region render of a selected object for now, although this will render a little bit of its surroundings as well (which might be actually useful). There are plans to be able to mask out only some objects, but I don't know when this will be implemented.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

In Max 2009, you can go to Customize-->Toolbars-->MainUI-->Render and add the "Edit Render Region" to any toolbar.
                www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

hi dlparisi,

yes, thank's i use this macro from some months

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

The new max frame buffer controls are a pain, especially when the VRay VFB is so much more effective and versatile. Are they making things more difficult on purpose??? It's very frustrating, this isn't the first "improvement" that's made it more difficult for VRay users.

However, one great work around for the time being: Scale down the max frame buffer to it's smallest size, leaving only render controls visible (region, viewport, etc.). Of course, check on the VRay VFB. Remember, after selecting the region (which you can resize in the viewport) hit the "render" button in the MAX frame buffer, NOT F9...otherwise the region will be ignored the first time. (You can hit F9 after it's acknowledged it's in "region" mode).

dlparisi's suggestion also seems to be a reasonable one. I'll have to try this and see if it kicks in to region mode automatically, and if the other options of "selected", "box" etc. are avail.
                    Last edited by GVC1123; 01-02-2009, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X