We appreciate the value of a great education. Chaos Group’s licensing and pricing policy for education is designed to enable educators and academic institutions with the tools to provide a quality education in visualization. The policy offers flexibility, transparency and volume discounts to help academia quickly and easily purchase any product in Chaos Group’s education portfolio.
Any academic institution which offers a degree, and is dedicated to teaching their enrolled students, are welcome to join the V-Ray Academic Program. These include public and private universities, colleges, junior colleges, elementary, middle, high schools, and technical schools.
* Minimum ordering quantity is 6 licenses
* The following products are available to educational institutions: V-Ray for Autodesk 3DS Max, V-Ray for Autodesk Maya, V-Ray for SketchUp, V-Ray for Rhino, V-Ray for Revit, V-Ray for Modo, V-Ray for Nuke, V-Ray Render node, Phoenix FD for 3ds Max, Phoenix FD for Maya, PdPlayer, VRScans
* Chaos Group’s Educational licenses provide the same functionality as commercial ones but can only be used for educational purposes. They should not be used for commercial (for-profit) work of any kind.
* To apply for educational pricing, academic institutions need to provide information about the institution’s academic status and accreditation.
* License upgrades included during the validity period. Prices do not include taxes.
One specific feature is that Filmakademie gives you the freedom to choose how you work on your project. They provide an extraordinary infrastructure and let you design your pipeline. As you participate in the design of your own pipeline, you try things out and you get a better understanding of the whole production process.