Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ..::Chaosgroup Map::..

Hey Everyone,

I would like to introduce you to the Chaosgroup map, its based off the google maps system.
    http://www.frappr.com/chaosgroup
    The idea behind this is to get an idea of where all the Vray users live and work and any places of interest they choose to note.

Its quite simple to add a marker for exactly where you live and even upload a photo of yourself as well if your game
    NOTE: THe first marker you place (blue for guys and yellow for girls) should be where you live/your home. And then after your approved and logged in again you can "Add Place" (top right hand corner) and choose work and then add where you work .

Also this will give an idea of the distribution of vray for Vlado, Peter and Nikki to see visually where there product is ending up.

When you add yourself choose a Name that matches your forum username (so we know who you are) then once you have added your basic location, I (the admin) then have to approve your account. It will then email you a password which you can use to log back into the site and update the location of your profile to show accuratly where you live. Just as Myself and Jujubee have done so far.
    Make sure to click "not in the US" if you dont live in the US.. otherwise it wont find your city when you type it in

NOTE_2: After you have joined I need to approve you so that you can log back in under your proper name and not just Guestxxxx
    Also please make sure not to add yourself twice.. this seems to have happened a few times, and certainly wont make you get approved any faster

Im hoping to see "atleast" all the regulars up there, and hopefully alot of the others as well.

A special thanks goes out to Jujubee for coming up with the original idea of having some sort of map for the forums. Semper Fi good buddy

If you have any questions as to how to use the site dont hesitate to post here.

Thanks alot.

Nice one!
    I just can't seem to trust myself
    So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    CG Artist

Comment

sign me up!
      Chris Jackson
      Shiftmedia
      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Nice

Seems to be slowly coming together.

Dont forget once you have been approved to log back in and change the password if necessary and then also update your actual position in your profile. So that we know where you live
        How else can we send you mail bombs.. haha just kidding of course

Comment

I just joined. Pretty cool idea !
          http://mikebracken.cgsociety.org/gallery/

Comment

Thanks

You have been approved

Comment

DaForce, is this confidential? or public?
              Needs more cowbell

Comment

ah basically public.. in a sense.. the only way people can find it is by know the URL.

As i have set it to not be listed in the public frappr listing.

But if the url got posted elsewhere then anyone could see the page.

Thats an unfortunate side affect

Comment

Hi,

it's always amazing to see where all the people are located. Seeing all the timezones it's really astonishing that a forum like this works so well. The miserable work-life-balance of 3D Artists might be a reason...

Best Regards,

Dieter
                  --------
                  visit my developer blog

Comment

nice idea
                    just signed too
                    Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
                    www.shack.de

Comment

nice one guys.. thanks for signing up

Dimo, i think your spot on

Comment

awesome idea my friend!!
                        =:-/
                        Laurent

Comment

I am in!
                          My Youtube VFX Channel - http://www.youtube.com/panthon
                          Sonata in motion - My first VFX short film made with VRAY. http://vimeo.com/1645673
                          Sunset Day - My upcoming VFX short: http://www.vimeo.com/2578420

Comment

Thanks lads!!

Just added a note to the first post as well.
                            Make sure to double check it to make sure you markers are all accurate.

Comment

Great idea
                              Lighting & Rendering Supervisor
                              Marulli Studio

Comment

Working...
                              X